Tarrasque.io v0.39: Enhanced Stat Block Formatting, Lock Shapes, Bring to Front Fog of War and more!
I've been working on this one for quite a while! This update is full of small high-impact features and improvements - hope you enjoy it!
- New stat block look-and-feel. The stat blocks have been redesigned to better fit with the rest of the app's design.
- You can now click the Edit icon on the top-right of a stat block to quickly jump into edit mode without having to scroll through the assets list to find it.
- You can now copy-paste stat block content with its formatting intact - no more manually making text bold/italic after pasting. Oh, and if you're copying text with links, they get pasted too - perfect for linking to spells!
- You can now rearrange Fog of War polygons to bring them to the front or send them to the back of the FoW layer. This should make it much easier to fix FoW mistakes instead of having to start from scratch.
- You can now lock shapes in place so that they can no longer be moved or selected until they've been unlocked. Also, you can rearrange them much like Tokens and Fog of War so that one is on top of the other.
- There's now a "Heading 3" and "Strikethrough" option in the Rich Text Editor.
- You can now see a creature's image on their stat block!
- Maps on the dashboard now take up a lot less space to give you the best screen real estate.
- Dice roll notations will now become automatically highlighted while editing stat blocks to indicate that they will be clickable upon saving.
- Shapes and drawings can now only be controlled and manipulated by the user who created them or the DM.
- Adding a token to a map now scales the token according to the map dimensions, even while the grid is disabled. This should fix situations in big maps where newly-dropped tokens were too small to be seen.
- Changed the background of the app to match the Fog of War color while in Player/Guest view, so that your players don't accidentally metagame by knowing where the map ends and where your fog begins :)
- Stat blocks can now be edited on mobile and tablet devices without an insane amount of horizontal scrolling.
- Improved the experience on devices with virtual keyboards. Text fields such as ability scores, HP, and initiative now properly only show numbers as valid input.
- Removed the light mode option from the app. This was used by less than 0.6% of users and was causing major delays during feature design as I had to design for two viewing modes. So it's gone now! Long live dark mode.
- The non-square grid warning now appears beneath the columns/rows fields to avoid interrupting your flow.
- Moving tokens across the grid should feel a little bit more snappy now while also allowing more free-form movement.
- Fixed a bug where you could accidentally show/hide a campaign's map on the dashboard by clicking on the right side of the campaign name text.
- Fixed a bug which caused double-click to ping location not work while using the Measure Tool.
- Fixed an issue where the text field content wouldn't be selected when pressing Tab in a stat block to move to the next field.
- Fixed a bug where token multi-selection wasn't very reliable.
- Fixed a bug where there would be a delay and a visible jump in values when editing the HP of an adventurer.
- Fixed an issue where certain window panels would appear behind existing ones and would need to be reopened to become visible.
- Fixed a bug where the window panels would move to different locations across the screen when the browser window was resized or moved to a different monitor.
- Fixed an issue where the user image in the Settings dialog wouldn't scale to its full width.
- Fixed an issue with crashing due to the grid allowing negative numbers.
To all 4000 of you: thank you for being here with me on this journey. Keep the suggestions and feedback coming - let's make the best virtual tabletop out there together :)