Chicago Cityscape improved two of its APIs. The TOD API largely replicates the results of an Address Snapshot report, and returns details for those who want to integrate our vast database into their own dashboards and sales CRMs. The Parcels API replicates some of the features of the website's Property Finder functions, returning a trove of data about Cook County properties around a given point.
Review our refreshed API documentation to learn how to put these new features to use.
Changes to the TOD API
We added several new data points to the TOD API response for requests about Chicago addresses and parcels:
- The API can now return all building permits and building violations
- The brand new ARO 2021 areas will be listed
- Bus route corridors have been added so users can judge eligibility for the Transit-Served Location ordinance.
Changes to the Parcels API
The Parcels API has been updated to have additional filters:
- Return only properties with a specific tax classification (review the full list of property classes)
- Return only properties that are in one or more Chicago zoning districts
- Users can request that each property that is returned is checked against the Chicago-owned land inventory. Then, users can use filters in their own programs to locate city-owned parcels.