Data protection is essential for businesses, regardless of size, industry and geographic location.
We know that most small businesses may not have the same size IT budget as larger enterprises.
But that doesn't mean that the risks facing their business data are not the same.
If anything, small businesses are especially vulnerable when it comes to downtime.
Over the course of days, weeks, or months, your business generates and this can be a significant amount of data.
Data such as your customer records, accounting functions, inventory, and even company emails all have an impact on how your business operates.
Now imagine what would happen if you no longer had access to this data.
Don't think it will happen?
Well ... not to blow your bubble but servers do fail.
It is not "if", but "when".
Backup systems too even ones that we as your hosting provider stores for you, fail.
Things you never thought could happen, well ... do happen.
Preparing for a disaster requires a data backup solution that allows for fast and full data restoration.
And that's why today, we are happy to let you know about a new backup option that is available to our cPanel customers.
When you log in to your cPanel, look for the "JetBackup" pane.
It is a self-service backup system you can use to give yourself greater peace of mind.
It is free for most of the hosting packages and you are not being charged for it.
Please, do take advantage of this.
That way you can ensure business continuity no matter what happens.
Don't rely on us having your backup.
Even if we do, it might be out of date and might not be available to be used for restoration.
We also have other native cPanel back up and another paid backup services called CodeGuard which is available for purchase at https://dashboard.cpanelcontrolpanel.com/cart.php?gid=16
Your data is now fully in your hands.
You can download your data, create snapshots at any point and restore your data when you need to.
Login to your cPanel.
Search for JetBackup.
Click the Full Backups icon.
Once you have accepted these, the system will generate an encryption key that you need to keep in a safe place.
PLEASE COPY THE KEY AND SAVE IT IN A SAFE PLACE.
To confirm that you have done that, please provide the encryption key in the space provided to save changes.
This key might be needed or required to restore data from backups.
In an event of data loss or disaster recovery and you are unable to retrieve your encryption key, you will not be able to restore account backups.
We may not be able to access your backups or perform any action for you (restore from backups) without having the key.
Follow the guidance to completion and then, you will be able to use the functions.
- Full Backups: enables you to view a list of full backup account.
- File Backups: enables you to view backups and access the backup file manager. To view file manager for the backup click on File Manager.
- Cron Job Backups: enables you to view a list of cron job backups.
- DNS Backups: enables you to view a list of DNS backups.
- Database Backups: enables you to view a list of database backups.
- Email Backups: enables you to view a list of email backups.
- Queue: enables you to view the items in the queue.
- Snapshots: enables you to create a snapshot for the account and view all available snapshots for the account.
- Settings: this is the place where you can enter your email and the backup system will send a notification when the action you have selected is completed.
- File Manager: this is the place where you can download and restore specific files.
We will be adding documentation on how to get the most out of this to our Knowledge-base soon.
Thanks and have a great week!
The Infrastructure Team